Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm already there

Well, recently I began to notice that most love songs can not only apply to romantic love, but to the love I have for God, and that He has for us. I was listening to "I'm Already There" by Lonestar, and I realized the chorus applies to God in our lives. Whenever we feel alone, we sometimes ask God where He is, or to please show Himself to us somehow. And the following lyrics is what I think God would say in response to that question.

I'm already there
Take a look around
I'm the sunshine in your hair
I'm the shadow on the ground
I'm the whisper in the wind
I'm your imaginary friend
And i know I'm in your prayers
I'm already there.

I'm already there
Don't make a sound
I'm the beat in your heart
I'm the moonlight shining down
I'm the whisper in the wind
And I'll be there till the end
Can you feel the love that we share
Yes, I'm already there

If that doesn't apply to God, I don't what does. Even though there are times that we feel all alone, and that God is not with us, He is everywhere. Like the song says, He's already there, even before we ask. The chorus to this song has become very uplifting to me, because every time I hear it, I think of all the ways that God is with me. I hope that now this song will have the same effect for you.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad He is everywhere and shows Himself in ways that sinners don't realize, but, we His children, do!

    ReplyDelete