Sunday, May 15, 2011

Prayer

So I was just reading my devotions and tonight's was on extreme prayer. I use the Voice of the Martyr's Extreme Devotion book. Anyhow, I came across this and wanted to share it with you.


"Prayer. That which does the most, we often do the least. Prayer is our first defense against spiritual warfare, yet often our last resort. Those who are persecuted for their faith teach us the priority of prayer. Their last remarks are not fighting words. Their final actions on earth are not resistance. Instead, prayer is on their dying breath, confounding their accusers and convincing others of their resolute faith. History shows persecuted saints' dying prayers can influence others for the gospel perhaps more than if they had lived. When you are in life's crucible and the flames burn hot around you, will you turn to prayer? Will others see your first and last defense is your communication with you heavenly Father?"
I mean, wow. What powerful words. I am so often guilty of not taking time to pray, for I have a very short attention span and others things soon cloud my mind. But these are important questions. When life get hard and stressful, will I turn prayer? Will others see that in me?


Just wanted to share this thought with ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment